Democratically United Brotherhood of the Manatee Interior
From Monkey Island wiki
The Democratically United Brotherhood of the Manatee Interior is a group founded by the four men who were Coronado De Cava's original crew. All five men were swallowed by the giant manatee while following the legendary sea creatures to La Esponja Grande. De Cava believes his crew dead, digested by the manatee, while in reality they have started an everlasting party in the manatee's stomach. They idolize Fisheyes Alabaster, a man who was dedicated to doing nothing, and they aim to "continue his noble work." Entry into the group requires a unanimous vote from its existing members.
- Bugeye: The de facto leader of the group, although technically everything is done with the whole group's consent. Irritable and doesn't trust outsiders. He has mastered the art of "Pirate Faces."
- Moose: Laid back, surf-talking bartender. Puts his trust in Santino, the dead member of the group.
- Noogie: Overweight, nerdy bongo player who fancies Morgan LeFlay.
- Santino: A deceased member of the crew who is now nothing but a skeleton. The circumstances surrounding his death are unknown; upon arbitrarily asking for Santino's vote into the group, Guybrush asks indignantly, "What's with the No votes? I wasn't the one who killed you. ...Was I?" The other members don't seem to notice or care that Santino is dead.
- Murray: Guybrush swaps Santino's head for Murray, giving "Santino" a voice and a vote. When the group turns on Guybrush he decapitates Murray to frighten the others into talking.
- Guybrush Threepwood: He works to win the votes of each of the members so he can join the group. His membership is short-lived, as he immediately breaks their trust by returning the manatee's stolen cochlea to its spot in the ear canal.
After Guybrush's betrayal the group is captured and forced to divulge information about how to find La Esponja Grande, such as the location of the Tongue of the Manatee. They claim to draw strength from their unity but they end up spilling anyway. Shortly afterward they rejoin De Cava in their mutual anger against Guybrush.
- In the PS3 version, if Guybrush uses every facial expression he learns from Bugeye, Morgan LeFlay, and other people and items in the Pirate Face-Off, the player is rewarded the "I'm So Faced" bronze trophy in the "PlayStation Network Trophy Achievements". If he gets the Brotherhood to join him by a unanimous vote, the reward is the "There Is a Brotherhood of Jerks" silver trophy, and if he manages to defeat them and De Cava near the end of the chapter, the reward is the "Feed the Beast" gold trophy.